Christian Education at PHPC
(in the Summer of COVID-19)
While we can’t be together in person, we are still growing in faith over virtual platforms. Join a Church School class or small group to learn more about what the Bible says and how to connect our faith to the world. PHPC offers a variety of opportunities to engage in faith formation and education for all ages.
Preschool and Elementary School Children
- Opt-in to receive a family friendly devotional on stories of compassion from the Bible to use as your “Church school at Home” while we are apart. A packet will be delivered to your house with everything you need! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive yours.
- July 6-10, we are offering Compassion Camp, a virtual/at-home Vacation Bible School. Register to join in on brief live daily zoom sessions, receive pre-recorded videos with your favorite PHPC friends, and supplies to create and play with at home.
Youth Group Zoom
- The youth group gathers on Zoom on Sundays at 7:00pm for games, scripture reading, and prayer. E-mail email@example.com to learn more and receive the log-in information.
Adult Church School: Sunday Mornings from 9:30am-10:30am
- Explorations: Come join a lively discussion centered on current events and challenging subjects of faith. This class meets via Zoom. E-mail teacher Jerry Dean Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the log-in information.
- Shadetree: This class uses a question and answer format to help us learn from the thoughts and interpretations of each other. This summer, they will be looking at themes of wisdom via Zoom. E-mail leader David Ashley email@example.com for the log-in information.
- Walk Through the Bible: Join this class to discuss scripture through the lens of different topics. For example, this class might tackle the topic of “forgiveness,” by examining scripture from the Old and New Testaments. This class currently meets via conference call. Contact teacher Pat Miller to receive the class materials and call-in information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This summer several new virtual small groups are gathering around topical interests and meeting weekly at various times and days via Zoom. Summer group include:
- The Enneagram and Faith (July)
- Unraveled: Bible stories where God meets us in the spiraling, unraveling our plans (June)
- Practical Prayer Practices (June)
- Parents Take 5: What it means to be a Christian parent in today’s world (June and July)
- The Book of Job: Deconstructing Theodicy (June and July)
Stay tuned and check in with Associate Pastor Jennie Sankey for more opportunities!