Click here to download our Interim Pastor Ministry Information Form (MIF)
Interim Pastor Job Description
Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church seeks an Interim pastor to act as senior pastor while we are in transition. Our founding pastor is leaving after 33 years. We seek a pastor who can lead us in preaching, teaching, worship, prayer and fellowship. We hope to find someone who can appreciate and understand our history and help us toward a bold future.
Areas of Responsibility:
Head of Staff
- Lead the weekly staff meeting.
- Provide a clear vision and leadership for developing and empowering staff and Session.
- Supervise, direct, and work with all staff, including pastoral and music staff personnel.
- Delegate to Associate Pastors at Pastor’s discretion.
- Support, encourage and strengthen existing church programs, and provide guidance and ideas for enhancement or redirection of these programs.
- Work with and be accountable to the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta.
Moderator of Session
- Moderate monthly Session meetings.
- Be the staff member of Business Committee, Stewardship/Generosity Committee, Personnel Committee and Worship Committee.
- In partnership with the Session, determine goals and direction of church ministries, internal and external, and practice sound stewardship in budgeting process.
- Monitor and report to the congregation the church’s financial condition.
- Work with Stewardship/Generosity Committee to design program to encourage giving by church members.
- Provide for meaningful congregational worship by designing weekly services on Sunday morning, to include, in collaboration with other staff, a children’s sermon.
- Coordinate and provide for special services.
- Work with Director of Music to select music for worship services, choral music, and instrumental music.
- Schedule opportunities for Associate Pastors to preach, including children’s sermons.
- In concert with the Worship Committee, develop calendar for celebration of sacraments and special services.
- Provide and conduct funeral services and weddings, including counseling when needed.
- With Associate for Pastoral Care, offer care to congregation, especially in times of need, such as hospitalization, death, and life milestone events.
- Facilitate efforts to prepare individuals for membership and coordinate new member involvement.
- Support the church culture through internal events and promoting mission work.
- Initiate and foster small group communities and educational opportunities within the church.