August 5, 2018 – PHPC Pastor Nominating Committee Update
- Atlanta Presbytery has a 7-Phase process for seeking new senior pastors
- Phase 3 is now complete with the conclusion of our listening sessions!
- The PNC heard feedback from 150+ people including members of the congregation, PNC, and church staff.
- Summary results will be shared with staff, session, and the congregation very soon.
- Phase 4 is to create the document (ministry information form, MIF) that describes PHPC’s vision for “connecting faith with everyday life” along with what the church is looking for in a new Senior Pastor. This process is well underway.
July 29, 2018 – A Big Thank You From the PNC
The Pastor Nominating Committee is grateful to everyone who participated in the Listening Sessions conducted over the past five weeks. We are blessed to have such a caring congregation…over 150 people shared their thoughts during this process.
If you happened to miss the opportunity, you can still share your comments before July 30, 2018, when the PNC will summarize the results. Here’s how:
Send your responses to the following questions via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What three words best describe PHPC?
2. What are the top three things (e.g. characteristics, traits, or skills) that we should look for in the new senior pastor?
3. What should the new senior pastor focus on immediately upon coming to PHPC?
The PNC continues to be so thankful for the willingness of all to share in this process of God leading us to our next senior pastor. Please continue to pray for God’s guidance and discernment as we travel this road together.
May 3, 2018–Listening Sessions
The Pastor Nominating Committee wants to hear your voice! Registration is now open to participate in a listening session. Each one-hour listening session is limited to 10 people and will be held starting May 15th and will continue throughout the months of May and June. All listening sessions held at the church will have childcare provided. Two new sessions have been added in June at Everett’s Barn in Suwanee. Some listening session dates are filling up, so sign up soon!